Monday, April 9, 2012

Hond continued

I am sleeping in Korbin's bedroom and so far he has not complained about my snoring. He sleeps on his back and barely moves all night. The only thing he does is to lift both feet into the air and then just let them drop. It took me a while the first night to figure out what he was doing to cause the noise. He sleeps from 7 or so until 4 or 5 am. He then eats a bottle and once you change him, he is back to sleep again. Since I am sleeping in the room, I am the one who gets up at the 4 or 5 am feeding. Last night was interesting. There are these ugly beetles everywhere and each morning they are lying on porch on their backs trying to turn over.
Last evening Korbin went to his bed and I decided to go to bed and read. I had the light off so as not to disturb him. I use my little rechargeable flashlight to read. I heard some wings fluttering somewhere above me but I am a veteran of Honduras and their wildlife, that was until I felt those wings on my neck. Needless to say, I screamed and ran to turn on the light. Yep it was one of the beetles. Then Karen tells me they come to light. No more reading for me!
Today was hot again. I got to spend my day with Korbin. Karen and Dorian came and went. As always happens in Honduras,We never see a dull moment. Karen left to go pick up children from school. Dorian came home as she left. Well as soon as she got the children in the van, it had a flat tire. So someone else went to bring kids back and Dorian went to check tire. He had to go buy another tire. In the mean time, Korbin and I were taking it easy. He got to take a bath/play in swim tub to cool off. Then this evening I was feeding him and he gave me the gift of a huge liquid bowel movement that instantly ran out of the diaper. I somehow managed to get it on my shorts, my shirt and also up my arm. Karen cleaned him as I tried to clean myself. Karen was doing this in between taking some maternity clothes to a pregnant lady who came to the gate asking for some clothes.
First day by myself (kinda of) and I placed him in his little seat and turned on the tv. Hey I think it was a soothing time for him (and me) Went to take shower early and as soon as i got the shampoo in my hair, the water started splurting and splattering. As more and more air (instead of water) came out, the water came out scalding hot. I was still trying to get shampoo out by burning myself and Karen told me that this would burn out the heater of shower. So I turned it off and got out and tried to use a cup in a very small sink to remove the soap from my hair. Well the water was mostly air there so i finally gave up. Now Karen is helping Pamela look up different types of art for homework due tomorrow and Terri is printing off examples of each kind. It is 8pm and she is not close to being done, and still has other homework. Yes she knew all last week while she was off that she had this homework. She will be up late tonight. Pamela and Bryan are in jr high and they catch bus to school around 6am. She gets up around 4am each day to prepare for her day.
Karen fixed a delicious dip and I ate two helpings. Interesting day but I have been blessed to be able to love on Korbin all day. God is good.

No comments: